One nice excerpt:
Program reviews that focus on getting back on track are typical in process-centric worlds. When they find the experience different than the schedule, practitioners ask "what now?" while processors ask "why are we off schedule?"
- Practitioners keep the target in focus while processors keep the path to the target in focus.
- Practitioners are pulled by their vision while processors are pushed by their deadlines.
- Practitioners are alert for other means to achieve the same end- and may question the end as well.
- Processors look for additional resources to maintain the schedule, and often forget that the map should be disposable.
- Practitioners blaze trails, processors stick to the rails.
- Practitioners practice. Processors "continually improve."
- Practice builds judgement. Process reinforces following.