Friday, May 27, 2005

A friend has passed away

Today, I got a phone call. Justus, a friend who has been suffering for some time now has passed away. Much too young. Wrong diagnose and wrong treatment. He leaves his wife he has married half a year ago.

He was diagnosed with a cerebral tumour, got radiotherapy, a first biopsy and chemotherapy. It was never really clear what kind of tumour he had. His father, a doctor himself, managed to ask several experts only to get several diagnoses. About three weeks ago, after much strength, effort and a big fight with the doctors, his wife and his father got the doctors to make a second biopsy. Then it was discovered that he didn't had cancer but tissue inflammation. But at this point it was too late. He was too weak.

I didn't managed to visit him since the last biopsy. I was busy. But I was afraid too.

I feel deeply sad. A friend has passed away and nothing I can do will bring him back.

1 comment:

Apprentice said...

Tony, I've seen this post of yours a week ago or so, and I was so saddened. This so echoes what often happens in our lives, that people are suddenly and inexplicably gone. Th pain can be unbearable, but like all things, it will pass. With affection, and in the hope that you and yours will find the comfort you need from good friends you have all around you. Very best regards, b.