Friday, September 24, 2004

Why it is important that your company has a face

And this face are your employees. All of them.

[Zef Hemel about the MS Blogs]
They have many, many employees of the product teams
blog. This way we can see who work there, what they’re doing and how they do it.

...

Don’t underestimate the importance of this kind of “marketing”, if you will. I don’t know how other people feel about this, but for me it works very well. For example, if I got to choose between working at Apple or Microsoft, I’d choose Microsoft right now. Why? Because Apple is nothing more than a building to me. Even though they may be working on very great products, arguably more innovative and possibly more interesting than Microsoft’s. I don’t know the Apple people (except for maybe Steve Jobs), I have no idea what the culture is like, I don’t know anything.

http://www.zefhemel.com/archives/2004/09/22/hiring-great-programmers

No comments: