Saturday, May 20, 2006

A Clockwork Red White Blue - A nightmare that Kafka would be proud of

"This illustrates to me the dangerous nature of the men we have detained here," the detention center's commanding officer, Navy Rear Adm. Harry Harris, told reporters in a teleconference, describing Thursday's attack.


Imagine being held in place, where you couldn't leave, where you are not told why you are here, where you don't know if you can ever leave, where there is nothing to do, where you couldn't even end your own life.

And then then tell me you would not attack your guards.
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my
dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a
straight razor, and surviving.


USATODAY.com - Guantanamo prison guards, inmates clash

No comments: