Balloon is an Open hardware development board intended for anyone to use in their projects. Balloon should be viewed as a versatile 'computer component'.http://balloonboard.org/
Balloon 2.05 Spec
- Intel Strongarm SA1110, to 206MHz
- Rom, to 32Mbyte (really just trying to be boot rom)
- Ram, to 256MByte (64MByte without stacking)
- Nand-flash, to 2GByte, including 16-bit interface variants.
- SmartMedia card, to whatever the limit is today
- Codec (16bit, 44KHz, stereo mic in & stereo line out)
- 2W per channel power amp (class D, so efficient)
- 3 serial ports (2 at 12V, one at 5V)
- Reset (including pushbutton) and power control.
- LCD interface for STN & TFT panels (including bias voltage generation, to +-28V, 100mA, resistor settable, software adjustable)
- LEDs & inputs for debug.
- Unique ID chip / Silicon serial number
- USB two slave ports (to attach to a PC) and 2 host ports (to attach peripherals) - including power control.
- CompactFlash socket (not hot-plug)
- Power supply takes 6-42V - ideal for automotive / battery / lab use OR...
- Single 5V supply (local supply voltages derived on-board)
- Software control of subsytem power supplies
- JTAG programmable for both Boot ROM and PLD
- Real Time Clock with connector for battery
- Whole address / data / control bus buffered and sent to docking connector on back of board.
- 103 x 56mm (credit card, extended by 1cm on long side)
- Weights 20-30 grams in typical configurations