Saturday, December 18, 2004

Christmas Present for my Mother

I have no idea whatsoever, what present I should buy my mother. I think I had it. I wanted to get her a computer. I have a older Pentium III 550 MHz system with a good Sony monitor, which should be enough for web and mail for my mother. But wait! Problems!
  1. I live seven hours away from my mother, so I can only give limited support.
  2. She doesn't have broadband and keeping a Windows PC up to date is not a option with 56k.
  3. I don't have time&knowledge to set up a simple Linux system for her.
  4. I don't have the money to buy her a used Macintosh.
So, I think, I will get her a used Macintosh for her 60th birthday in 2005, but that leaves me short of a present for this christmas.

I addition, I gave my mother two nice presents last year. I gave her a mobile phone and a self made calender with 12 of the best pictures I made in the last 10 years. So I set the bar pretty high.

1 comment:

Tony said...

By the way, I found a present. A watch, which is (in my opinion) very nice.