Suburban users cannot effectively listen to their music in a simple and seamless manner as they move throughout their day. This class of customers prefers the simplicity of FM radio, but yearns for the depth and personal involvement that comes from listening to their own music. A device that;
1) Makes it easy to listen to an entire CD collection at home, in the car and at the office;
2) untethers people from specific listening devices;
3) has great battery life (10+ hours);
4) has tons of storage (40+gb);
5) is small enough to fit into a purse, glove compartment, briefcase or suitjacket pocket.
...would make it much easier for suburban dwellers to listen to the music they enjoy throughout their entire day.
It basicly comes down to: "Find something that sucks, and make it better." And there is enough potential for this. Maybe not if you try to make a rip-off iPod product. But take a look where and how poeple want to listen to their music and what is currently available. You will find there is room for improvment and that the iPod is NOT the solution to everybodys music listening demands.