Saturday, December 04, 2004

No Microsoft for Tony

I applied at Microsoft and was considering moving to Redmond to work for MS.

But I no longer think, that is what I want to do. First of all I have been considering the economic situation and I think it is going downstream for the US. It is not all Sunshine and Roses in the Rest of the world, but I think I will be better of in a different country.

But second of all, MS is only hiring people from abroad, who can apply for the TN Visa (I think that is people from Canada, Mexico) or the H1B Visa (Typically, this means that you have a 4 year degree in computer science or equivalent for the technical positions MS offers). Neither one can be applied for me...

http://blogs.msdn.com/jobsblog/archive/2004/03/23/94583.aspx

In related news:

I was trying to get a job within the group I currently work in a company in Scotland, but that doesn't seem to be a possibility. But I have been told, that I could apply for work at a group company in Canada, I think I will try that.

If this company in Canada doesn't want me, then I'm back to square one. I don't know what I want to do. I might want to start a company, I might want to work for Microsoft or Harman, I might want to move New Zealand.

But I don't know.

No comments: